Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Reliance discovers more gas in Krishna basin

Reliance Industries on Tuesday said it has made a third successive gas discovery in the D3 deep-sea block in the Krishna-Godavari basin, off the east coast.

Reliance found three gas reservoirs in the KGV-D3-R1 well drilled on the block KG-DWN-2003/1 (or D3), a company statement said here.

The block, located about 45 kilometres off the coast in the Bay of Bengal, is in the vicinity of its prolific D6 block where three of the 19 oil and gas finds have already been put on production.

"This discovery (in D3) supplements RIL's understanding, of the petroleum systems within the block," it said.

Reliance holds 90 per cent interest in the block that it won in the fifth round of auction under the New Exploration Licensing Policy. Hardy Exploration and Production India Inc, a unit of Hardy Oil of UK, has the remaining 10 per cent.

"Three reservoir zones were encountered at Miocene level having gross thickness of 4, 23 and 16 meters," the statement said adding the discovery has been named Dhirubhai-44.

The first two exploratory wells (KGV-D3-A1 and KGV-D3-B1) resulted in gas discoveries (Dhirubhai 39 and 41) and are presently under appraisal.

"Besides the above discoveries, several prospects have been mapped at different stratigraphic levels," the statement added.

No comments:

Popular Posts